You can find free pdf storyboards templates all over the web. Now what if you need to edit them? Here is a set of storyboard templates in idml files designed for various film ratios that you can edit in Adobe InDesign. Download the file, open it with InDesign, and place your images in the blank frames. You can use the rule of thirds layer to adjust your composition and framing (toggle visibility on or off). Change the text to whatever you need, adjust the layout, place your own logo etc. Then export your finished storyboard in pdf as you see fit. To add page(s), right click selected page(s) in the “pages” tab, and duplicate the spread or single page. Don’t want to bother working with InDesign? Grab the second link for each template to get the blank pdf file, which you can print and use right away.
01. Free InDesign Storyboard template for advertising – format 1.85:1
Din A4 sheet portrait set in Univers 10pt. with rule of thirds layer.
02. Free InDesign Storyboard template for advertising – format 1.85:1
Din A4 sheet landscape set in Univers 10pt. with rule of thirds layer guide.
Looking for something else? Check, there are many more storyboard templates in the shop for InDesign, Apple Keynote as well as free blank pdf templates for different film ratios.
03. InDesign Storyboard template Scope 2.39:1 Courier New 10pt DIN A4 landscape numbered
04. InDesign Storyboard Template 2:1 (18:9) or Univisium — Avenir Light 10pt on DIN A4 landscape
05. InDesign Storyboard Template 2:1 (18:9) or Univisium — Avenir Light 10pt on US Letter landscape
06. Apple Keynote Scope Storyboard Theme 2.39:1 DIN A4 landscape
07. InDesign Advertising Storyboard template 1.85: 1 Avenir Book 10pt on A4 vertical
08. Apple Keynote Storyboard theme 1.85: 1 Courier 10pt on A4 horizontal
09. Apple Keynote Storyboard theme 2:1 Avenir Light 10pt on A4 horizontal
idml is compatible with ALL InDesign versions since version 4 up to the current one (INDESIGN CC 2017).
Keynote themes only work on Mac. You need to own the font licenses for all the templates to work properly.
Sign-up to get updates (when a new storyboard layout template is available and other such small announcements)